Thursday, September 29, 2016

Illness that's Invisible... What a concept!!

I'm sick. Not the achoo, I sneezed, must have a cold sick. It's a terminal, sick as fuck sick. It's also invisible. Oooohhhh...magic!! Fuck no, just a few of what are probably thousands of "invisible illnesses". I have several. I started a collection about a decade ago. Officially diagnosed with: Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Adult-Onset Muscular Dystrophy (this bitch is a killer), Crohn's, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. That's it, just those 5. Pretty impressive, amirite?!

I'm beyond tired of the sideways glances, the eye-rolls, the well-intentioned but completely idiotic suggestions... Here's the thing. IF my illnesses were curable with a diet, a willingness to overcome, a choice, do you really fucking think I'd still be sick??!! Do you really believe I haven't tried praying, lotions, potions, oils, diets, exercises...my god the list never ends...??!! And for the millionth time, NO. No it isn't about not having tried it long enough or because I 'cheated' by eating gluten or skipped my cardio 2 days in a row... The reality is so much more simple than that. I'm fucking sick.

Here is a list of some of the things I would rather do (and mostly used to do) than be sick:

 1. Work. You know, have a JOB. Being at home 24/7 is BORING, LONELY & quite frankly, I ain't making no money which is an entire other discussion.
2. Play at the lake.
3. Take my dogs for long ass walks on country roads.
4. Go exploring with my camera.
5. Get dressed up, put on makeup & go out for dinner with my Amazing Husband.
6. Clean my dirty damn house!!
7. Play with my GrandBabes.
8. Attend concerts!!
9. Start a business.
10. Not have to change my clothes due to bowel/bladder issues.
11. Stay up late laughing.
12. Keep chickens.
13. Take Amazing Husband to work daily so I have a car.
14. Dance!!!
15. Box!!!
16. Go climbing!!!
17. Play guitar.
18. Play drums in a local band again.
19. Sing. OK, sing well again.
20. Do something FUN 2 days in a row.
21. Exercise 2+ hours every day like I used to.
22. Become a runner.
23. Build mini chicken coops.
24. Go outdoors on hot, humid days.
25. Keep a large vegetable garden.
26. Keep lots of plant/flower gardens.
27. Attend comedic shows.
28. Stay up past 10:00 pm.
29. Pull an all-nighter talking to Amazing Husband about life, love & our pursuit of happiness.
30. Make & maintain a friendship or two (I'm an introvert...we keep our circles small but preferably not empty).
31. Experience 24 hours without tears...of sadness, frustration, pain.
32. Eat when I'm hungry & not when my stomach decides it will allow food consumption.
33. Leave the house without doping up on Ibuprofen & anti-diarrhea medication.
34. Give my crutches, cane & wheelchair to someone who needs them.
35. Stay awake all day.
36. Sleep at night.
37. Sleep longer than an hour or two without waking up to pee.
38. Build a tree house for reflection & reading.
39. Agility with my dogs!!!
40. Be much more active in humanitarianism.
41. Paint my house.
42. Go thrift shopping.
43. Go hiking.
44. Ride a roller coaster.
45. Go to a carnival/renaissance/flea market.

 45 years old, 45 things I'd rather be doing. So, all my Chronically Ill Warrior's out there!! What would you rather be doing???

#mswarrior #mdwarrior #fibrowarrior #cfswarrior #crohnswarrior #invisibleillnesswarrior #chronicillnesswarrior #chronicpainwarrior

No comments:

Post a Comment